Poetry Magnum Opus

Give Her Love

tonyv

Give Her Love

I'm nuking Pakistani villages,
she's dropping ransomware on hospitals,
our Lambo flexes vanity
[NOMONEY]
no, don't want money, got to give her love.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Hmmmm, Hi Tony, I've read this a couple of times and listened to the link and clearly I'm on a different planet than you.  I couldn't understand the minimal lyrics, I did like the music or should I say rhythm of the piece. It's addicting.  But back to this poem.  I'm afraid my brain is too simplistic.  I just don't get it.   The first two lines are clear literal images. Disturbing images.   I googled "Lambo" and kept coming up with a car.   Yes showing off a Lamborghini certainly could suggest vanity.   But if you can afford a Lamborghini you can afford to be a little vain, am I over thinking this?    I'm not asking for an explanation of the poem, I'm just trying to connect here, help.  This one totally confuses me

~~Judi  

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Hi Judi, it was great chatting with you again. I'll repeat a couple of things I said in our call, because I get it that a few things might be obscure and not readily apparent to all readers.

As I said in our call, I considered adding footnotes but didn't. You're right, "Lambo" is in reference to Lamborghini, an automobile, and "vanity" refers to an automobile license plate/tag, a vanity plate. The link to the musical composition is nothing. I throw those in willy-nilly, haphazardly, on my topics, for fun; they help me remember what might have inspired the poem to begin with and rarely mean anything at all. 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for your kind reply,

Tony 😊

• Like 1

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Like the muscularity of flexes. The first two lines spoke to me of distraction and vexation. A need to vent not heal. Of course, Brits can't buy love...the way the pound is devaluing 🤣

On 9/26/2022 at 1:58 AM, badger11 said:

Of course, Brits can't buy love...the way the pound is devaluing

Comeon Phil, it’s only paper! Don’t feel bad, the entire system is in a state of collapse. Anyway, it’s never about the money, it’s always about the girl.

Thank you for your kind reply on this less-than-magnum opus. 

Tony