Arrow of light and aims it
Right at me.

Till my eyes waken
Till my ribs be shaken
And my lips Quaver of
Unspoken-tremored voice.

-The dream, the nightmare Dissipates-

• Like 1

This is good poetry.  That said, I don't think you need the last line, the poem has more power without the reduction to the mundane, the ordinary conclusion.

• Thanks 1

Hi Omar,  Wow, impactful and memorable.  Loved it, though was a little disappointed that the end line didn't follow suit with the first 2 stanzas with a 3 syllable power statement.   I agree with Terry, I'd lose the last line.

This is really good.

~~Tink

• Thanks 1

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

• 3 weeks later...
David W. Parsley

Hi Omar, responding to your request for comment:  I won't belabor the last line thing.  I like the natural music of the poem, the original imagery, intriguing title.  But the meaning is not clear to this reader, if one is intended.  Other things to note:

• First stanza reads past tense, second is present tense, third is conditional.  This progression does not help me arrive at your meaning, may actually unintentionally distract the reader.
  • The only definition I can find for whist is a card game popular in the 19th century.  (Trivia point: Harry Nelson Pillsbury could play a hand of whist while simultaneously playing blindfold games of chess and checkers against several opponents.)  I am not at all practiced in this game.  Is your reference, or is the term an onomatopoeia adjective for the arrow?  It has a pleasing alliteration, but the meaning follows the arrow out of view for this reader.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
- David

@David W. Parsley thank you so much for your commentary, I really appreciate that you responded to my request and offer me this decent critique. For the tense changing, I meant love in the past ,hatred in the present and last uncertainty. About the world "whist" I read it in the dictionary, liked it and used it in the poem😂 ( I too didn't know what it meant), it means : silent or quiet. You can see for yourself here https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whist

Again I sincerely thank you for your critique.

Cheers 

Omar