Poetry Magnum Opus

A question I wanna ask you all

Assaf1981

Have any of you EVER recited a poem of your own making, WITHOUT writing it down? I mean, you thought it up, recited it, and recorded yourself doing it, WHILE you were making it up as your were going along?

24 minutes ago, tonyv said:

I have not. Are you going to a poetry slam?

No. I just wanna put it on youtube one day.

On 5/20/2023 at 7:04 PM, Assaf1981 said:

No. I just wanna put it on youtube one day.

So, why do you have to ad-lib it to put it on Youtube? Take one of your poems (or write a new one), rehearse it, produce/perfect it, and upload it!

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

I've not ad lib'ed a poem either.   I have done a a lot of public speaking in the past but not about poetry.  Haven't done much public speaking in the last 10 years.  But was asked to give a speech to a service club this year and  I included one of my own poems, I did read the poem out loud.. I don’t read my speeches but i go over and over what i want to say in my head, days and even weeks before.  From that talk I am now scheduled to do a program to share my poetry on January 17, 2024.  It will be a small gathering of about 50 women. i’m excited.

Speaking on U tube you will reach a larger audience and you don’t have the people right there looking up your nose.  It allows you the luxury of not having to ad lib, but to think out and rehearse what you are going to say so it comes out the way you intended.

Good Luck to you Assaff.   I think Tony's idea of writing, rehearsing, producing, and uploading is the best way to go.  

~~Tinker

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com