The ocean hold moons in memory's branches, when harpoons fell, did
The captain contemplate the
Rapture of his kill to distil 
Last visions of whale hung
On lightning, aimless winds
Future energy resource like
Blindman searching for
His moonlit keys.

Hi Barry,  I'm still alive.  Just trying to reinvent myself since the loss of my husband and retiring and that takes time.  So I haven't been reading or writing poetry for a while.  I was starting my comments with the oldest that I have missed, but I can't spend much more time so this will be my last response today and I wanted to read one of your poems before I quit.  So here I am. 

Your title is inside out which makes it compelling and a must-read.   As usual, your imagery is surprising and vivid.  The oceanic theme struck home with me because yesterday my California coastline was hammered with tsunami-sized waves and we watched in fascination as they crashed our shores.  Here in Northern California, there are cliffs 50 feet down to the beaches and I saw videos taken only a 10-minute drive from my home, of waves splashing to the top of the cliffs where onlookers stood in awe.  The visible power is frightening. I'm left wondering if the paths down the side of those cliffs remain or If they were washed away.

I'm confuse in places where the tense of your wording seems almost foreign.  "The ocean hold moons in memories branches"  Shouldn't is be "The ocean holds moons in memory's branches."    I really like this image but the grammar seems skewed.

I'll be back tomorrow to check out some of your other work.  I missed reading your poems.  

~~Judi

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Hi Judy

I am extremely sorry to hear
About your loss. I regard you,
Tony and David as friends.
Their are problems with parts
Of the grammar borne out
Of mental fatigue caused by
This dreadful English winter.
This was written for a contest
About renewable energy, I hope
It meets the criteria. Would you
Like my email address.

Best wishes. 

Thank you Barry,  I don't need your address, all I have to do is send you a message here and you are notified by email. You enter lots of contests.  I find that admirable.  Extreme winter weather isn't reserved for England.  Tony in the northeast gets snow, here on the west coast, we get high winds and torrential rain in the winter.  I live in the coastal mountains only a 10 minute drive to the ocean so I do get a lot of coastal fog.  Once in a while, I get a flutter of snow but not every year and it doesn't stay long.  

I installed solar panels and a battery farm on my home in November and surprisingly the sun powers my home most days even though it is winter and it is often rainy or foggy.  The sun runs my home and fills my batteries in the daytime so that the batteries power my home after the sun goes down.  I still have to stay on the grid for power because in bad weather the sun just doesn't provide enough to run my home and store for the night but by spring and summer, I should be providing power to the grid which the electric company will pay me for.  So I guess I am an example of renewable energy.  Enough of this, I'm going to try and finish responses to poems posted here.  

~~Judi

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

I can’t say renewable energy is a topic near and dear to my heart. I never even think of it. 

That said, I do like the poem, especially this part: 

On 12/28/2023 at 11:54 AM, incantation said:

…Has earth sent clues about it's future
States on postcards carried on trains
Passing through clouds, planes through
The underground…

I like the “flow,” because I can feel it in this part  

Happy New Year, Barry. 

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic