Poetry Magnum Opus

My Macedonia - My Pride - My Pain...

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

93859mk-lgflag.gif

Ah my small country with so much treasures and so much tears and history since the beginning...

Macedonia, is a landlocked country on the Balkan peninsula in southeastern Europe, and it is rich with history and culture.

My city ah, my vine city Kavadarci, what to tell about. icon_smile.gif We are all having wine and brandy, home made icon_razz.gif and we drink of course icon_rolleyes.gif ( but not geting drunk icon_biggrin.png )

Okay here are some photos:

This is " St. John the TheologianKaneo Church " in Ohrid, it is wonderful place

4964238180395.Macedonia2004_PICT6143_v3.jpg

This is in my town we call it " Kosturnica " that is charnel-house or ossuary , I don't know correct in English language.

25008Kosturnica.jpg

and on that place I was making poetry readings and manifestations, with a guests poets from other cities from Macedonia and other counties too, so this one is on high place, at the top of the city - park and from here all city can be seen. I'l look for some photos if I can find from the readings there, I was making them at night with torch for the city festival, vine festival at September " Tikveski Grozdober " I have lovely memories of these manifestations.

here is a photo as a part from that vine festival:

96921grozdober-tikves.jpg

Here is one link for Macedonia http://www.macedonia.co.uk/client/index.aspx?page=41 and there is a map too.

So thank you for reading about my country and I will share more photos about Macedonia and my city.

Aleksandra icon_smile.gif

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

I am glad there is peace now, Sandra.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

Aleksandra

JoelJosol wrote:

I am glad there is peace now, Sandra.

Ah Joel, yes. Here is a peace, but not totally peace. All world is wild, so here too. But yes I can't say that is not good. When I am comparing my country with others countries, here is much more peaceful. It is a small country, country in transition, with problems as everywhere. The living is hard, but I think that is a case everywhere...But we don't have classic war, so that is the good point here. I wish everywhere all wars to stop, because the ordinary people don't asks too much for to live good. But it is , as it is.

Thank you Joel for reading. You live in a nice place, so you can share and tell us more about Philippines. I saw once your photos. I enjoyed a lot. So nice place

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

What a wild looking flag affraid.gif

I've never seen that flag before......

it has a modern look about it.....

One of my favorite colors is yellow

( I would never wear bright yellow though )

Does the design have any meaning attatched to it ?

Aleksandra
What a wild looking flag affraid.gif

I've never seen that flag before......

it has a modern look about it.....

One of my favorite colors is yellow

( I would never wear bright yellow though )

Does the design have any meaning attatched to it ?

hello Jonathan. Yes it have modern look this flag because it is somehow new. And sure it have some meaning especially the sun. The sun symbolizes “the new sun of liberty” which is mentioned in the national anthem of Macedonia.

Thank you for the comment my friend.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Wistful Poet

Cool pics Alek. Hows the weather in Macedonia?

"If you are faced with a dissappointment or a bad situation ask, will it matter in 10 years?

Aleksandra

Hello Wistful Poet. Glad you read. the weather is crazy icon_smile.gif. Ok today is hot and we have national not working day, so all institutions and everybody are on the fields and mountain for planting trees, because last year we had fires around on the mountains and near to the cities. So we try to get back the flora back, so it is going hard because the expert says we need a hundred years more, to be as it was. But it is helpful when all the people do something for this. I stayed home, but I will work in the yard and going to plant some tree and flowers too. So the weather helps today because it is nice nice and cool. It is changing a lot. Cold nights and days so the next one could be warm and the people are getting sick because of the surge on the temperature outside, so we must be more careful.

Thank you for reading

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Aleksandra

This is our singer Kaliopi - one of the best singers here. Her voice, her emotionality gives to this song much more power. The song " Edno Ime Imame " in English means " We Have One Name " it is Macedonian song, old one and in origin sung by Jonce Hristovski.

The song with our Kaliopi are both a real pride for Macedonia.

*Kaliopi and Garo performed at the latest edition of the manifestation Golden Ladybug of Popularity, and they exalted Macedonian audience.

History of Macedonia