Poetry Magnum Opus

william carlos williams

poetjohncompton

Haha, This was a fun one.  Love WCW and of course know the referenced poems.  I remember when I first was introduced to Williams, I thought, "This is poetry? If so anybody can write poetry."  The poem in question was the "red wheelbarrow".   Then I did a little more study and tried to write a "wheelbarrow" with the same focus, intensity, concentration, and emphasis.   Much easier said than done.  i've since become a fan.   

Nice to see this disciplined work from you.   You have come a long way from the teenage angst that used to ramble on and on that I remember from you. Even so, I've always respected your work.   You grew up and so did your writing.  Nice

~~Tink

• Like 2

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

poetjohncompton
10 hours ago, Tinker said:

Haha, This was a fun one.  Love WCW and of course know the referenced poems.  I remember when I first was introduced to Williams, I thought, "This is poetry? If so anybody can write poetry."  The poem in question was the "red wheelbarrow".   Then I did a little more study and tried to write a "wheelbarrow" with the same focus, intensity, concentration, and emphasis.   Much easier said than done.  i've since become a fan.   

Nice to see this disciplined work from you.   You have come a long way from the teenage angst that used to ramble on and on that I remember from you. Even so, I've always respected your work.   You grew up and so did your writing.  Nice

~~Tink

thank you for your words. yes. I also tried to reference his day job also (he was a dr.) 

and oh I was horrid when I was younger. though I'm honored you remember those tragic nightmare of poems 🤣

many (hundreds of) hours of writing and reading. lol. some obsessions pay off (not in money of course 😅)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
David W. Parsley

WCW has at least half a dozen poems I admire, including ones containing plums and wheelbarrows.  This one is playfully intertextual, quite enjoyable!  You might also like one I did several years ago, an even more satirical take.

Thanks!
- Dave

• Like 1